Clearing White Sage Smudge Stick (9-12cm) NEW
or make 4 interest-free payments of $2.73 fortnightly with More info
In stock and ready to ship (dispatched within 24 hours)!
Hand picked. Hand rolled. Hand tied. A bunch of tightly packed White Sage stems (Salvia Apiana), approximately 9-12cm long. Burns evenly, giving good longevity. No added perfume or synthetic fragrance. Store in a cool, dry place.
For thousands of years, White Sage has been considered a sacred, cleansing, purifying and protective plant. Sage cleansing is the quickest way to clear out negative energy from both objects and surroundings. It is one of the oldest and most well-known herbs for energy cleansing your home through the technique of "smudging".
SMUDGING 101 (via thespruce.com)
1. Place a candle, a fireproof container and your smudge stick on a table, desk, or counter top. It is best to perform smudging at a time when you will not be disturbed. Allow yourself at least 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Light the candle and mentally focus your energy (or say a prayer of your choosing). Light the tip of your smudge stick with the candle, then gently wave the smudge stick in the air until the tip begins to smoulder.
3. You can use a feather if you have one, but it is usually sufficient to simply wave your hand through the air to gently waft smoke where you want it. Remind yourself to stay connected to your breathing throughout your smudging session.
4. Move in a clockwise direction around your home (usually starting at the front door), and gently wave the smoke into the air as you move. Spend a bit more time smudging the room corners, as they tend to accumulate stagnant energy. Be sure to also open cupboard doors and carefully smudge inside. Do not forget about spaces such as the laundry and garage.
5. When you have smudged all areas of your home, return to the starting point and gently extinguish your smudge stick by dipping it into a bowl of sand (while applying a bit of pressure).
SAFETY NOTE: Remember to hold the smudge stick over a fireproof container at all times to prevent burning or glowing herbs from falling on the floor as you smudge.